Voces con futura is a free poster bank for the #worldrevolution #europeanrevolution #europeriseup #DRY #democraciarealya #takethesquare #worldcamp #spanishrevolution #greekrevolution #italianrevolution #frenchrevolution #chileanrevolution etc movements. Here is their call for participants (also available in Catalan, Italian & Spanish) – they are also looking for translators.
Update: recently the Guardian did a post about posters from May ’68 asking, “Where are the design campaigns from the youth of today?”. Now we have the answer 😉
Dear designers, creators, illustrators, art directors and my admired visual artists in general: this is a selfless initiative to morally and aesthetically support the #europeanrevolution #europeriseup #DRY #democraciarealya #takethesquare #worldcamp #spanishrevolution #greekrevolution #italianrevolution #frenchrevolution etc. movement. We welcome you to participate, without trying to self-promote.
The mission is to create and collect the highest possible number of anonymous posters and banners to (visually) add up to this social change.
The aim is to upload them on this blog, so everybody can freely download and print the message that is the most liked, the most needed or the ones that motivate them the most. We just want the noise to become more unbearably beautiful.
Our desire? To receive slogans that aren’t disrespectful. Mainly because if we are disrespectful then our meaning is lost, and nothing is better than being elegant and smart in order to move forward. But of course, feel free to express yourself.
The purpose? People printing and filling with this images their small piece of the world. Get out of the web and invade the streets. Promoting change. Make the design, once and for all, be socially committed.
– The typeface and legibility are key factors.
– Speaking of the typeface, YOU DON’T HAVE TO USE FUTURA, the name is just a salute to the design world.
– The hashtag of the movement will be #voiceswithfutura and it will always be accompanied by #spanishrevolution.
– AUTORSHIP: The posters will be anonymous for two reasons: we don’t want the names of the participants to cast a shadow over the movement; we neither do we want people to think this is a movement created by someone who wants to stand out. Of course, this doesn’t mean you can’t upload your proposal/s on your website or wherever you want.
– PARTICIPANTS: It would be ideal if you could invite (sending this text) only 5 designers that you admire the most. It would be best if we can keep a high standard for the graphics. Remember we are talking about the voice of a revolution through graphic design.
– RULES: The poster can include one of the sentences I suggest below, which basically are the ones you can see these days on the streets. But you can also choose a sentence you have heard somewhere else and, of course, you can create your own. I’m talking about slogans, but you also can use a visual metaphor.
– FORMAT: PDF
– COLOR OR B/W (Both are welcome)
– SIZE: THREE VERSIONS OF EACH POSTER. A5, A4 Y A3, no cut marks or anything.
– NAME OF THE FILES: TITLE_a5 TITLE_a4 TITLE_a3
– IT IS RECOMMENDED TO NOT MAKE DESIGNS WITH BLEED
– WHAT AND HOW TO SEND IT (please, read carefully)
– You will upload each one of the 3 PDF to megaupload, mediafire or any upload files platform.
· You will send an email to [email protected] that will ONLY include:
1) 3 LINKS for megaupload or similar (and no the 3 files). You will indicate next to each link the size of the poster.
2) A jpg attachment for preview from 800×1231 to 72dpi TITLE_jpg
– TIMING: TOMORROW IS LATE. The change is claiming for us!
YES WE CAMP
VIOLENCE IS A 600 € SALARY
POLITICIANS ARE THE TERRORISTS OF THE MORAL
YOU DON’T SEE PEOPLE, YOU SEE POWER
WE ARE NOT MERCHANDISE
TAKE THE STREETS
THIS IS NOT A CRISIS, THIS IS A SCAM
WE WERE CHILDREN OF COMFORT, BUT WE WON’T BE PARENTS OF CONFORMISM
IF YOU DON’T LET US DREAM, WE WON’T LET YOU SLEEP
IF YOU DON’T ADD, YOU SUBTRACT
I ASSUME MY DUTIES, GIVE ME BACK MY RIGHTS
IF THIS IS A PARTICIPATIVE DEMOCRACY, LET ME PARTICIPATE
I DON´T BELIEVE YOU
I DON’T MAKE END MEETS, BUT YOU WON’T MAKE IT TO THE GOVERNMENT
BUILDING, NOT DESTROY