Talk delivered at the 4th Oekonux conference, an open source hardware type conference in Manchester in March 2009
“This is the talk I delivered at Oekonux, an open source hardware type conference in Manchester this weekend.
Here are the 10 questions we addressed.
1. What is Poverty?
2. How can Open Hardware help?
3. CAN THIS SCALE?
4. Global Ecological and Macroeconomic Constraints
5. Network Availability
6. Documentation and Translation
7. Eating our own dogfood
8. Identifying the developer community
9. Funding, funding, funding
10. The shape of the future world
There were three bonus slides
A. Is there human dignity?
B. Barbarism, Stasis and Ultratechnology
C. Living in a six+ billion people world
I think you’ll really enjoy this talk.