SolidFund is a (relatively) new initiative designed to support the creation and sustainability of worker cooperatives. Members pay at least £1.00 per week and the resulting funds go into a common pool – a solidarity fund – which is used to support cooperatives around the UK. The fund currently has over £74,000 at its disposal.
From their website:
“We want a strong, growing and self-reliant network of successful workers’ co-operatives.
We will achieve this by creating a permanent common fund, paid for by members.
- You help SolidFund to strengthen worker co-operative solidarity
- You’re a member of a common wealth resource, paid for by individual and group subscriptions
- You support industrial democracy and collective ownership
- You help SolidFund develop worker co-operative support activities
- You and other members discuss and decide on the Fund’s activities and future growth”
Find out more at their website: https://solidfund.coop