OuiShare Fest Forward is a 3-day accelerator for collaborative, open source projects with high social impact.
About the Accelerator
Taking place during the 3-days of OuiShare Fest Paris, Fest Forward will accelerate 3 open source projects with a high, measurable positive impact in the areas of sustainability, social development or decentralized governance.
Fest Forward aims to help projects overcome challenges in areas such as strategic and product design, business models, community building and scalability by leveraging the creativity and expertise of the high profile participants of the conference OuiShare Fest.
Building on the experience of POC21 and the OuiShare Awards, the Fest forward will provide the selected projects with visibility, tangible results and valuable connections with innovators, thought leaders and entrepreneurs from our international community.
If you have an open source project and have a challenge you want to solve, apply here >>
OuiShare Fest Forward is open to applications from, among others:
- startups, non-profits and public initiatives
- hardware and software projects
- large and small teams
- new and established initiatives
There are only two application requirements:
- The initiative has the potential to create a measurable positive impact on society or the environment
- The initiative is Open Source
- Impact: how large is the impact of your project (direct and indirect)?
- Replicability: how easy it is to duplicate and scale your project or solution?
- Disruption: how innovative and transformative is your idea?
- Viability: is your idea coherent with and applicable to the world we live in?
- Structure: how well structured is your team, your concept, your model?
- Challenge: how can we contribute to solving your challenge?
- Values: how well does your project put into action the OuiShare values?
- Program: does your project address topics that are part of the OuiShare Fest program?
The members of the selected initiative will get free access to the Fest. International applications are more than welcome!
OuiShare Fest Forward do not cover flight tickets to Paris.
Process & Deadlines
Online Application till February 29th
Applicants are asked to:
- explain their project and the positive impact it creates
- explain the challenge they would like to address during the 3-day accelerator and the ideas they have to solve it.
March 1 – 15
All applications will be reviewed and evaluated based on the selection criteria by a jury of experts from the OuiShare community. We will schedule a call with the short-listed candidates. Two initiatives will be selected directly by the jury.
Online community voting
March 15 – 25
The community is invited to vote for their favorite initiative online.
Fest Forward Preparation
Before the Fest
The selected projects and the Fest Forward team we will work together to prepare the 3-day acceleration.
3 day acceleration during OuiShare Fest Paris
May 18 – 20
3 intense days of work, connecting and fun with 1500 international innovators, thought leaders and entrepreneurs at the Cabaret Sauvage.
The Fest Forward Jury consists of a committee of experts, partners and OuiShare Connectors
Jury members will be soon featured here.
The committee will pre-select projects and chose two of the three final nominees. The third project will be selected by the community.
To make the OuiShare Fest Forward experience as valuable as possible for its participants, the accelerator program is modular and will be adapted to each project and its challenge. Based on the project needs, we will do our best to provide the necessary materials, tools, and expertise.