One of the interesting people we should be meeting tomorrow at the Yale Symposium on Reputation Economies in Cyberspace is Jon Garfunkel of Civilities.net.
He’s main concern are the defense of privacy and reputation against malicious attack, for which he uses a Autonomous Reputation Framework.
This framework includes:
– Comment Management Responsibility
– A Protocol for Online Abuse Reporting
The above ARF should comprise a simple set of three rules, and their technological affordances through code:
1. A person should have the right to join a community.
2. A person should be able to establish their reputation in a community through their words and actions.
3. A person should have the right to remedy damages to their reputation.