What is the underlying cause that unites them and sidesteps what separated them?
Why is the phenomenon spreading rapidly in many countries?
1. All public space is open to everyone’s participation and it also belongs to everybody.
2. The equal participation of everyone in shaping, making and implementing of decisions, as well as the control of their application, both in the political and the economy field is a fundamental prerequisite. All people both control and are under control for self-improvement and improvement of society’s functions.
3. All necessary representations have strictly coordinating or executive nature and not mediating, representative or decisive character.
4. All representatives are drawn, either directly from the body of the popular assembly or from a prevoted list by the assembly, when certain skills or expertise are required. In any case all representatives are always recallable, accountable during the exercise of their duties and are judged on their account, by the end of these tasks.
5. The existence of many local assemblies (in neighborhoods, municipalities, workplaces, schools of education, etc.), that communicate with each other, is the cornerstone of Direct Democracy. Participation in these assemblies is not occasional, but it is as responsible and regular as possible. Communication between local assemblies creates a horizontal (non-hierarchical) network, which serves to coordinate the required theses and acts.
We stand before a historic turning point, facing the challenge and the unique privilege to take our destiny into our own hands, by subverting this busted system of values and institutions, which exploits our life.
We want everything for everyone. We are history in motion.