The SELF Project is pleased to announce The SELF Open Documentary Contest.
Create a documentary about the creation of free knowledge and education in the digital era! Get your friends together, encourage your company to participate, or just let your own creativity flow freely.
SELF is an international project financed by the European Commission which has developed a platform to encourage creative cooperation and the sharing of educational materials and continuous training, paying special attention to free software and open standards. Inspired by the Wikipedia model, the SELF Platform is open to the contributions of all those who would like to bring their knowledge to it, and share this knowledge without restrictions.
We invite you to participate in our work by actively engaging in the SELF Open Documentary Contest. The documentaries will be screened at the Free Knowledge, Free Technology (FKFT) conference in Barcelona, taking place the 15th-17th July 2008 and the best documentaries selected by an active jury will be presented at an award ceremony during the conference.
* The documentary should interpret the creation of free knowledge and education in the digital era and relate that to the SELF
Project and Platform.
* Maximum length of a documentary is 5 minutes.
* Language should be English, or English subtitles should be provided.
* Submission should be done in Ogg Theora format, or sent by DVD to the jury.
* The documentary must be licensed under Creative Commons BY-SA or the Free Art License.
* Deadline is the 31st of may 2008.
You can find more information about the SELF Project and the contest on the contest website, where you will also find some useful background information, the exact guidelines and evaluation process as well as the submission procedures, here at