#OpenScienceWiki OpenScience Wikisprint on Thursday, September 19th (International Event)
An Open Science Workshop will take place in Geneva on the 19th of September 2013, from 10 am to 17 pm. It aims to map Open Science references and initiatives and, consequently, to enhance the P2P Foundation and Wikipedia coverage on the topic.
The workshop will be hosted at the Computer Science Centre of the University of Geneva. It is to be part of an Open and Citizen Science HackDay within the Open Knowledge Conference. It has been coordinated by the French Wikipedian community, the P2P Foundation and HackYourPhD communities.
The workshop is based on a formula developed by the P2P Foundation: the Wikisprint. As its name suggests, the Wikisprint seeks to get a maximum of contributions within a short time frame (a day for instance) on one or several wikis.
The workshop interfaces the following wikis (you can easily go from one to another through the header above) :
- The wiki of the P2P Foundation. It would map all the useful references and good practices on open access (including references that would prove too informal on an encyclopedia).
- The English Wikipedia with its Reference page
- The French Wikipedia.
- Any platform that could be appropriate.
How can I help?
People involved or curious about OpenScience all around the world can participate!
Depending on your availability, you can assist the workshop, in any of these following tasks:
- Indicating a reference or a useful piece of information on the wiki of the P2P Foundation or the references page of Wikipedia. You can also make your suggestions on Twitter through the hashtag #OpenScienceWiki.
- Discussing the overall structure of articles to enhance, or to create, on the talk page of the article, or on the coordination talk page of the workshop.
- Writing the articles and synthesizing the collected information.
- Reviewing the work done by others in order to correct spelling or factual mistakes.
What are the articles concerned?
Articles to enhance
At least a dozen participants of the Open Science Hackday, plus an undetermined number of external participants from all around the world.
Date and Venue
Note: Attendance is free
Venue: Computer Science Center, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Date: 19th September 2013 (Thursday)
Time: 10:00 – 17:00 in Geneva
This post has been published first on wkipedia : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Workshop/Open_Science_Workshop_%28Geneva%29/References